Sunday, January 4, 2009

The one that got away....

So me, 2 corpmates, and a friend from bob were chilling near our current lowsec home while I was trying to scan people down with my Lachesis for fun...

And then the following happens on vent:
Assassins: Neutral Rorquoral and hulk undocking from m11 station in stral.
Me: watch where they warp
Assassins: they both went to planet XII or one of the belts.
Me: yeah, probably a pos
Assassins: negative, no poses at XII.
Me: everyone get to stral gate right now.


So, I warp in to XII planet and drop a short range probe, figuring the rorq was a 100km or so off belt.

I get a hit at 0m accuracy and since he doesn't seem spooked by our prescense, and to ensure he doesn't get away if he has stabs, I get the rest of my fleet members to warp to me (stabber, thorax, vexor).


I wing warp us at 10km from the rorq, we land 10km away from him.

We all get points on him and I tell my guys to inore the original plan and screw the hulk, it doesnt' matter if we can kill the rorq.

So we put all of our DPS on the rorq, hulk warps out eventually and the rorq's drones arent giving us to much of a problem.

However, the stabber pilot (also the bob pilot) gets lagged out and cant activate any modules or warp out. We stay in there, and kept shooting. Then a raven shows up at 100km fitted with cruise missiles. He starts shooting at us and a few of us have to warp out but come back right away so it isn't much of a problem. He ovbiously has a capital booster, we cant get his shields down 10% before he reps them back up. So we keep shooting, its late at night and his russian friends are likely to be at work.


After about 3-4 minutes I get aggro from the raven and the drones and have to warp out, so I do. There is a bit of warp out delay due to this system being on a screwed up server, but I get out fine with minimal armor damage. When I get back, the rorq is at 50% shields (and dropping fast I might add) It seems as though our cruisers (with fighters assigned to them from my carrier alt at a pos) are having a bit of sucess....

Then the shit hits the fan, the system starts lagging out like crazy. I get primaried and I press the warp button the second I see his drones turn yellow to me. Nothing happens. Next thing I know im in a pod, I press the warp button, after 15 seconds I finally warp to the pos.


At this point he is down to 1/4 shields and the fighters are having no problem killing him but we are having trouble keeping someone on grid to keep a point.

One of our corp members hops on vent and I tell him to grab his crow and get his ass over to where we are, his next words were a very confuzzled:


Erip: THESE GUYS ARE BLUE!


Shit.....


I check the standings breakdown window......yes, the rorq is definitely blue.....however in our overviews + local channel the 2 of them are showing up as neutral..... (He was neutral to my char since im not technically in corp)


So I order him to scram the rorq anyway, which he attempts to do but he had to warp to the belt beacon because he wasn't in fleet, leaving him 100km away. I had warped my carrier on grid and was 20km away from him, but I had removed the normal warp disruptor II included in my normal fit because I wanted the cap to recharge faster for jumping a bunch of stuff.....


I had him locked.

I was in disrupt range.

I had fighters on him.

He was entering armor.

The interceptor gets 30km away.

25km away.

He warps off...





So thanks to ccp and my own stupidity, I missed out on killing a rorq with 6 ships, which I THINK would have been a first..... but oh well, its a funny fraps video at least.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Dark. It's nice to get the AAR. I didn't know about the standings display issues. Cool story. I hope the locals will forgive us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were blue to two of the people in gang with us, not to me.

    The two people who were blue to him immediately disengaged following us finding this out.


    And they killed like 3-4 of our ships anyway thanks to lag, they should be thanking us.


    And I'm the kind of asshole who would shoot at a blue, albeit I better have a damn good reason.

    ReplyDelete