Monday, January 26, 2009

Arsekicking goodness.

While we didn't quite hit the 100 kill goal I wished for our first weekend in Faction warfare, we came pretty damn close.

KB stats


As far as I'm concerned, I'm fairly impressed with the performance of the WiOD members. Another thing we noticed is that a lot of our older less active members have returned now that stuff is....err....happening...

So right now, I'm just glad that I can bitch at people for making the K/L ratio drop below 90%, for the first time in my entire time in WiOD I feel a bit of pride being the combat director of this corp. They have gone from a bunch of 0.0 carebears to bloodthirsty PVPers, partially in thanks to the person who ripped our corp off and encouraged us to step down our industry a bit. (On a sidenote, if you ever see Black harbinger or spaceslag in game, kill them)


As for me, I have been quite enjoying myself, I have participated in a few fights over the weekend Here Here and Here, and I have FCed a few as well. One especially fun fight which was our first RRing BC gang for WIOD + a few extra members, where we managed to get a warp in on their fleet and killed every single one of their battlecruisers. (note: we only had 19 people in fleets, the battle stats page on the FW killboard is a bit skewed since it takes all fighting that happens within the next few minutes into account, most of the battlecruisers + all WIOD members were the ACTUAL fleet members. And we killed The battlecruisers, the scorpion and other stuff must have happened afterwords.)


Either way though, we are having copious amounts of fun, and we have plans for running a bit more diverse gangs in the future.

I'm also pretty pumped about the new expansion, I intend to train the prerequisites for t3 ships as soon as the information is released. I also am training minmatar cruiser V on Darkside atm, so he will be able to fly every tech 2 ship for minmatar barring frigates and battlecruisers.

Also, cerettela is currently training for a Sin class black ops, which I intend to use in a supportive role to jump stealth bombers/recons/etc behind enemy lines. I'm told that the blackops is a ship struggling to find a place in eve, but I think now that the tier 1 tech 2 haulers can use the jump portal now, the fuel problem may be solved. Also, I could park the ship in villore with a can of Oxy isos next to me and jump bridge a bunch of crap less than 5 jumps from tama, assuming that I can either train up covert cyno fields on dark or find some who has done so already. Either way, the is another one of those things where I am quite metaphorically shitting my pants with exitement as I will be able to use a Rapier/Huginn (<- Real reason im training minnie cruiser V)/Vagabond/Muninn/Broadsword/Slepnir/Claymore/Sin Within the next 10 days, although the jump portal gen will take about 18 days in addition to that.

So I suppose I will spend 10 days accumulating a bit more isk (as I plan to faction fit the Sin) and pondering fittings.

No comments:

Post a Comment