Saturday, February 21, 2009

More capital ganks

Well, some stuff happened this weekend as it always does without fail. I was sitting in Yong with my alt Cerettela who is in either a Thanatos or a Sin you can pretty much bet your ass, and as things turned out we were pretty fortunate this weekend as some pretty crazy stuff happened

So I had ordered some stuff that a blue guy was going to bring down to lowsec for me (another nano-onerios to be exact, the first one got me tons of cool fights). He was putting the last touches on his carrier (or attemtping to) that was docked in gemodi. Anyone who knows about the station in gemodi, knows that once you undock, you will find yourself 2km out of docking range.

Well, it seems for some reason cva pets (and people who are red to cva) just LOVE to dock and undock their capitals from there. It also seems that since that system is extremely close to the system we operate out of, that we tend to kill people undocking from said station with great regularity.


Following along the same lines as the previous gank (a rorq), we had a report from the guy getting fittings for me that there was a chimera going to and fro said station and going to a safespot (the same one every time). After a while a fleet got started by us, and we managed to scan out the aformentioned safespot and put a harby (Or harpy, I couldn't understand the guy who was saying it) in that safespot. Well anyways, the plan was to warp our battleships to a safespot in system, wait till he undocks and warps to a safespot, tackle and kill him.

He jumped the gun and saw the person who was in our safespot before the rest of the fleet was in position, we figured we weren't going to get the kill at that point. Then something crazy happened, he went 10km off the station and cloaked directly under it.


Avicenna, the proud CEO and Furher of MVN, brafely flew his buffer abbadon down towards the bottom of the station, decloaking the unbeliever and subsequently warp disrupting + jamming him. Cardking undocks, and I jump in. I was panicking at first as I was 30km from station, but local was clear and it didn't seem like the carrior pilot's corp or alliance was going to try and help him, so I just slowboated it back towards the station. I think his feathers were so ruffled he didn't try to fight back save having fighters on Avi for a few seconds. He logged on and off constantly, trying to save his carrier somehow. But after about 5-6 minutes (I dont honestly remember) His Carrier was no more and we jumped both of our caps out, scratch free.



I figured that there wasn't going to be much to top that today, but wait, whats this? There is a second chimera in system?


This guy ovbiously wasn't payin much attention or potentially to bored for his own good, he was shooting his cyno alt, neuting his cyno alt, etc.

So while we try to decloak a navy raven on a gate 2 jumps away we keep a scout + tackle in system and await his undock. Then we see a bunch of his corpmates showing up in ships and leaving in shuttles, we figured that he was getting ready to jump as his ship maint' bay was probably full at this point. So we warped the fleet to the gemodi gate, double checked that all the cynos were ready, and prepared for a second gank.

After seeing bunch more shuttles undock and Cardking having a heart attack every time one did, the carrier finally undocked. Our pilot tackled him, the (rather small at this point) support fleet warped to the pilot on station, and the cyno was lit. I cannot imagine his suprise as 2x Thanatos, Moros, Aeon, and Chimera jumped in on him. Suffice to say he will need a new pair of pants as well as a new carrier.


Video avaliable here. (Make sure you dowload, the flash player is just a minute long preview)

On a sidenote Ive been offered to start FCing for MVN, an offer which I was all to eager to take. I may be a bit rusty from not leading a "REAL' fleet for a while, but with the amount of talent in this corp I think it wont take me long at all to get back in the swing of things.

On a sidenote^2 I have solved most of my RL issues (Some with roses, others with a .357 magnum) So I should be posting with greater regularity now :).

No comments:

Post a Comment