Tuesday, December 23, 2008

About to the darkside....

Well, I figure I might say some stuff about myself just so y'all know who I am and what I speak about.


I'm Darkside, the friendly (not so much sometimes) neighborhood Fleet commander for the corporation Wings of Daedalus and its altcorp Task Force Talon Security force (TFTSF). Right now, the term "Fleet Commander" is kind of a misnomer, its more of a "commander" because right now there isn't much of a "fleet". I know of a lot of corps that have 4-5 members often have titles such as "Capital fleet commander" and "grand admiral". I don't think of myself as one of these people though, I'm not new to the FC field though, and I will say Ive pulled out a few hat tricks in my day.

So right now my job is to turn the 40 some members of WiOD into a lean mean fighting machine, which is due to give me my fair share of headaches, stress, and disappointment. So right now im having more of an issue with trying to make a bunch of people, the majority of whom cant fly a tech 2 cruiser, more confident at fleet combat......and trying to kick their asses to get them into a position where they can.


But, more about me. As far as my charachter is concerned, I have quite a colorful skill list and employment history. I have been in small corps/alliances for most of my time playing, although I took a break a while ago to play with some of my friends in GBC (Pupule ohauna, and later Southern Cross Alliance). I enjoyed that, but it just left something to be desired. I discovered that that "something" was FCing, which is hard to get in an alliance where 3/4 of the people there have twice as much skillpoints as you do.... So now im back in WiOD, which is a merger of all the corps from the core collective, an alliance that was disbanded a while ago after being around for 2-3 years. I was the primary FC and while we weren't the best combat force around (with the pvp fleet of a medium sized corp) we generally got 15-20 people when a fleet was called for (and sometimes more for planned ops).

I started FCing in an alliance called "united for order" which was lead by the biggest douchebag Ive ever met to be quite honest. One week he was telling me he wanted me to FC for his alliance, and the next he was telling me I was an embarrassment to the alliance (that is, after I sided with someone else on an issue). So love me or hate me, I enjoy FCing, and I suppose I should thank one of my bigger enemies for it.

And if you think I suck, just wait till we meet on the battlefield.

No comments:

Post a Comment